The natural environment for...
Wild Camping in Norfolk
Alderfen Marshes offers a number of sites ideal for wild camping in Norfolk. Situated in nine acres of beautiful wilderness in the Norfolk Broads National Park, the marshes offer a perfect setting to experience nature at its best. Accessible only on foot or by canoe, it’s an opportunity to get back to basics and close to nature.
As well as providing accommodation during team development programmes, our wild camping sites are also available for taking time out from your daily hustle and bustle. Nature lovers can enjoy close encounters with herons, muntjac, otters, marsh harriers, buzzards, swans, water deer, foxes, bats and more. In the Summer time, enjoy a natural world teeming with butterflies, dragonflies and damselflies.
Kick back, relax, and enjoy the experience of the wild camping on the Norfolk Broads.
Back to basics…
- No mains water …. fresh water delivered to site
- No electricity …. light provided by sun, moon and stars
- No wifi …. tweets provided by the dawn chorus
- No mains drains … clean, off-grid toilets provided
- No site car access … accessible on foot from car park or by canoe
- No dogs … nesting birds, water voles and other sensitive wildlife
- No children … over 18s only
- No mess … only footprints are left behind
Five private sites…
- Up to four people per site
- Suitable for hammocks and small / medium tents
- Camp for only £9.00 per person per night
- Car parking (5 minute walk from sites) - £3.00 per night
- Private canoe mooring - £3.00 per night
- Canadian canoe hire from site
- Wood-fired rocket stoves for hire or purchase
- Sustainably sourced firewood for sale
Privacy: All sites on Alderfen Marshes are private, with no other campers walking through your site. Shared paths around the conservation area ensure all campers can enjoy the tranquility and wildlife.
Camp and Canoe: Take advantage of our ‘Camp and Canoe Combo’: 2 nights camping for 2 people with 2 days Canadian canoe hire for only £99.00
Need a lift?
Ask us about minibus transport to and from Alderfen Marshes.
Thanks ever so much for allowing us to stay overnight at your lovely little nature haven. Will hope to visit again and next time with one of your wonderful Canadian canoes