The natural environment for...
Wild Camping in Norfolk
Alderfen Marshes offers a number of sites ideal for wild camping in Norfolk. Situated in nine acres of beautiful wilderness in the Norfolk Broads National Park, the marshes offer a perfect setting to experience nature at its best. Accessible only on foot or by canoe, it’s an opportunity to get back to basics and close to nature.
As well as providing accommodation during team development programmes, our wild camping sites are also available for taking time out from your daily hustle and bustle. Nature lovers can enjoy close encounters with herons, muntjac, otters, marsh harriers, buzzards, swans, water deer, foxes, bats and more. In the Summer time, enjoy a natural world teeming with butterflies, dragonflies and damselflies.
Kick back, relax, and enjoy the experience of the wild camping on the Norfolk Broads.
Back to basics…
- No mains water …. fresh water delivered to site
- No electricity …. light provided by sun, moon and stars
- No wifi …. tweets provided by the dawn chorus
- No mains drains … clean, off-grid toilets provided
- No site car access … accessible on foot from car park or by canoe
- No dogs … nesting birds, water voles and other sensitive wildlife
- No children … over 18s only
- No mess … only footprints are left behind
- Up to four people per site
- Suitable for hammocks and small / medium tents
- Car parking - £3.00 per night
- Private canoe mooring - £3.00 per night
- Canadian canoe hire from site
- Wood-fired rocket stoves for hire or purchase
- Sustainably sourced firewood for sale
3 Degrees of ‘Wild’
Choose from three approaches to wild camping on Alderfen Marshes
Camp and Canoe Combo:
2 nights camping for 2 people with 2 days Canadian canoe hire.
The Marsh Camps
‘Go wild in the country…’
Head out onto Alderfen Marshes to really get away from it all; perfect for nature-lovers who like to walk on the wild side. Pitch your tent on the marshes and relax by your camp fire, surrounded by the sights and sounds of the Norfolk Broads.
The Woodland Camp
‘With a few creature comforts…’
Off-grid camping on the edge of Alderfen Marshes with a few creature comforts; an enclosed covered area, camp beds, stools for seating, fire bowl and a wood-fired rocket stove for cooking. A great base for exploring the marshes and surrounding waterways.
The Green Room Camp
‘Add a little luxury…’
The Green Room offers a little bit of luxury, whilst maintaining your wild, off-grid experience. Solar lighting, wood-burner and a rocket stove for cooking maintain your wild-side while folding beds and comfortable seating area allow you to relax in comfort.
Need a lift?
Ask us about minibus transport to and from Alderfen Marshes.
Thanks ever so much for allowing us to stay overnight at your lovely little nature haven. Will hope to visit again and next time with one of your wonderful Canadian canoes