Spoon Carving Workshops
An interactive and enjoyable introduction to spoon carving. Under expert guidance from Monica Cass, let your creative juices flow as you select, cut, split, chop and carve your wood into a unique spoon.
- Learn the basic skills required to make your own spoon from freshly cut green woods sourced sustainably on site.
- Take home your creation at the end of the course with tips on caring for your item (e.g. applying waxes and finishes for a long-lasting product).
- All tools will be provided to use on the day. A selection of axes, carving knives, gouges, rasps and hand saws are provided to trial and advice given on purchasing your own tools after the course.
- Lunch is not provided, (bring a packed lunch for full-day courses) but coffees, teas and biscuits will be available on the day.
- Please note this is an outdoor, all-weather course. Sturdy shoes, weather-appropriate clothing and layers are strongly recommended. A covered outdoor area will be provided in the event of rain and a fire pit will be lit in colder temperatures.
- Suitable for beginners or people with previous carving experience
- Due to the nature of working with axes, knives and other sharp tools, all students must be 18+ (or 16+ if accompanied by an adult).
Spoon carving workshops are currently on hold due to Corona Virus restrictions. Dates will be posted as soon as we are able to re-open safely and sensibly.
9.30am to 1.00pm
£45.00 per person
9.30am to 4.30pm
£75.00 per person
Camp and Carve …. make a weekend of it!
‘Camp and Carve’ weekend – A full-day spoon carving course followed by one night camping at Alderfen Marshes: £99.00 per person. Enquire / book
‘Camp, Carve and Canoe’ weekend – A full-day spoon carving course followed by one night camping at Alderfen Marshes and one day Canadian Canoe hire to explore the Norfolk Broads: £125.00 per person. Enquire / book
Camp and Carve sessions are currently on hold due to Corona Virus restrictions. Dates will be posted as soon as we are able to re-open safely and sensibly.