Spoon Carving Workshops
An interactive and enjoyable introduction to spoon carving. Under expert guidance from Monica Cass, let your creative juices flow as you select, cut, split, chop and carve your wood into a unique spoon.
- Learn the basic skills required to make your own spoon from freshly cut green woods sourced sustainably on site.
- Take home your creation at the end of the course with tips on caring for your item (e.g. applying waxes and finishes for a long-lasting product).
- All tools will be provided to use on the day. A selection of axes, carving knives, gouges, rasps and hand saws are provided to trial and advice given on purchasing your own tools after the course.
- Lunch is not provided, (bring a packed lunch for full-day courses) but coffees, teas and biscuits will be available on the day.
- Please note this is an outdoor, all-weather course. Sturdy shoes, weather-appropriate clothing and layers are strongly recommended. A covered outdoor area will be provided in the event of rain and a fire pit will be lit in colder temperatures.
- Suitable for beginners or people with previous carving experience
- Due to the nature of working with axes, knives and other sharp tools, all students must be 18+ (or 16+ if accompanied by an adult).
12th June 2021 – Beginners, Half Day
10th July 2021 – Beginners, Half Day
14th Aug 2021- Beginners, Half Day
11th Sept 2021 – Beginners, Half Day
9.30am to 1.00pm
1.00pm to 4.30pm
£45.00 per person
9.30am to 4.30pm
£75.00 per person