Camp and Canoe on Alderfen Marshes
Get away from it all...
Situated in six acres of beautiful wilderness within the Norfolk Broads National Park, the marshes provide an excellent setting to get away from it all.
Great for nature lovers who want to get close to local wildlife and wake up to a sensational dawn chorus over the marshes.
Awarded ‘Best Couples Campsite in the East of England 2018’ by Campsites.co.uk, Alderfen Marshes provides an idillic rural getaway for couples.
The ‘Camp & Canoe Combo’ on Alderfen Marshes offers private, secluded camping with use of your own Canadian canoe to come and go as you please.
Wild-Camping: Back to basics…
Once settled into your own private pitch, you may choose to relax around your campfire and enjoy the natural surroundings, wander the marsh paths or take to the canoes and explore the labyrinth of secluded waterways.
- No mains water …. fresh drinking water provided on site
- No electricity …. light provided by sun, moon and stars
- No wifi …. tweets provided by the dawn chorus
- No mains drains … clean, off-grid toilets provided
- Limited car access … free minibus transport available from Norwich
- No dogs … nesting birds, water voles and other sensitive wildlife
- No children … over 18s only
Master the art of cooking over a wood-fired rocket stove, under the stars, for a real wild camping experience.
Private Secluded Pitches
Each pitch sits in its own private area of Alderfen Marshes nature reserve, accessed by a grass path winding through the trees and reeds to really get away from it all.
With a fire-bowl and wood-fired rocket stove provided, simply pitch your tent, sit back, relax and enjoy some personal space surrounded by nature. Explore the paths through the surrounding conservation area rich with abundant wildlife.
With just four secluded pitches in a six acre reserve, Alderfen Marshes offers the ultimate in privacy while camping.
Come and go as you please in your Canadian canoe, exploring Surlingham Broad, the river Yare and surrounding waterways. Relax and enjoy a peaceful paddle, picturesque riverside pubs and the rich wildlife of the Norfolk Broads
'Camp & Canoe Combo'
Two nights ‘Camp and Canoe Combo’ for two adults: £130.00
Three nights ‘Camp and Canoe Combo’ for two adults: £180.00
Extra person: £33.00 per night
'Camp & Canoe Combo' includes:
- Private pitch on Alderfen Marshes
- Canadian canoe hire (includes buoyancy aids, paddles and maps)
- Fire bowl
- Wood fuelled rocket-stove for cooking
- Fresh drinking water
- Clean, portable, private off-grid toilet
- Minibus transport – free collection and drop off to Norwich
- Trollies for transporting equipment
'Camp & Carve' Weekends
‘Camp and Carve’ weekend – A full-day spoon carving course followed by one night camping at Alderfen Marshes: £99.00 per person. Enquire / book
‘Camp, Carve and Canoe’ weekend – A full-day spoon carving course followed by one night camping at Alderfen Marshes and one day Canadian Canoe hire to explore the Norfolk Broads: £125.00 per person. Enquire / book
Saturdays 25th April; 23rd May; 27th June; 25th July; 22nd August; 26th September.
Travelling light? Equipment available on site...
- Spacious three-metre tipi tent: £20 per night (Must be pre-booked)
- Small table and two stools: £3.50 per night
- Large table with bench and two stools: £5.00 per night
- Cooking grill for fire-bowl, kettle, 2 saucepans and frying pan: £5.00 per night
- Two plates, bowls and cups; cutlery, tin opener, bottle opener: £3.50 per night
- Portable camping shower: £3.50 per night
- Campfire wood: £6.00 per bin
- Have your supermarket food order delivered to site: £5 per order
‘40 Best UK Campsites 2019′
Norwich train station is less that two hours from London Liverpool Street station and has excellent links across the country. Free minibus collection and drop-off at Norwich train station is included.
Norwich bus station offers a convenient and cost-effective way to travel. Free minibus collection and drop-off at Norwich bus station is included.
We have limited car parking spaces at Alderfen Marshes at £3.00 per night. Car parking must be booked in advance.