Camp and Canoe on Alderfen Marshes
Get away from it all...
Situated in six acres of beautiful wilderness within the Norfolk Broads National Park, the marshes provide an excellent setting to get away from it all.
Great for nature lovers who want to get close to local wildlife and wake up to a sensational dawn chorus over the marshes.
Awarded ‘Best Couples Campsite in the East of England 2018‘ by Campsites.co.uk, Alderfen Marshes provides an idillic rural getaway for couples.
The ‘Camp & Canoe Combo’ on Alderfen Marshes offers private, secluded camping with use of your own Canadian canoe to come and go as you please.
Wild-Camping: Back to basics…
Once settled into your own private pitch, you may choose to relax around your campfire and enjoy the natural surroundings, wander the marsh paths or take to the canoes and explore the labyrinth of secluded waterways.
- No mains water …. fresh drinking water provided on site
- No electricity …. light provided by sun, moon and stars
- No wifi …. tweets provided by the dawn chorus
- No mains drains … clean, off-grid toilets provided
- No vehicles on pitches … trollies provided from private car park
- No dogs … nesting birds, water voles and other sensitive wildlife
- No children … over 18s only
Master the art of cooking over a wood-fired rocket stove, under the stars, for a real wild camping experience.
Private Secluded Pitches
Each pitch sits in its own private area of Alderfen Marshes nature reserve, accessed by a grass path winding through the trees and reeds to really get away from it all.
With a fire-bowl and wood-fired rocket stove provided, simply pitch your tent, sit back, relax and enjoy some personal space surrounded by nature. Explore the paths through the surrounding conservation area rich with wildlife.
With four secluded marshes in a six acre reserve, Alderfen Marshes offers the ultimate in privacy while camping.
Come and go as you please in your Canadian canoe, exploring Surlingham Broad, the river Yare and surrounding waterways. Relax and enjoy a peaceful paddle, picturesque riverside pubs and the abundant wildlife of the Norfolk Broad
'Camp & Canoe Combo'
Two nights ‘Camp and Canoe Combo’ for two adults: £150.00
Three nights ‘Camp and Canoe Combo’ for two adults: £210.00
Extra person: £35.00 per night
'Camp & Canoe Combo' includes:
- Private, secluded pitch on Alderfen Marshes
- Canadian canoe hire (includes buoyancy aids, paddles and maps)
- Fire bowl
- Wood fuelled rocket-stove for cooking
- Fresh drinking water
- Clean, portable, private off-grid toilet
- Trollies for transporting equipment
Travelling light? Equipment available on site...
- Cooking grill for fire-bowl: £3.00 per night
- Small table and two stools: £3.50 per night
- Large table with bench and two stools: £5.00 per night
- Camping kettle, 2 saucepans and frying pan: £3.50 per night
- Two plates, bowls, cups, cutlery, tin opener, bottle opener: £3.50 per night
- Portable camping shower: £3.50 per night
- Campfire wood: £6.00 per bin
- Cool-box with ice blocks: £3.50 per night
Add a little extra to your stay...
Spoon Carving Workshop
Include a three-hour spoon carving workshop, using wood sustainably sourced from Alderfen Marshes, as part of your wild-camping experience.
£45.00 per person
includes tools and tuition
Explore the local country lanes, fill up your basket at the farm shop and feel the wind in your hair as you peddle gently back to camp.
£35.00 per day
includes cycle helmet